19 June 2009

Alright, back in the action here.

I've been tossing around the idea (in my head) of teaching a Sunday School class about Christian themes in literature--and I mean real literature, not stuff written for the "Christian market" or whatever. Here are some books I'm thinking about:

Till We Have Faces by C S Lewis
Unveiling by Suzanne Wolfe
My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potock
The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
various poetry by Donne, Milton, Herbert, and Hopkins

It's pretty heavy stuff, and I don't know that I exactly feel qualified to teach it, but it's better than another cheesy book on women of the old testament or whatever.

I'm going to be reading some of what the Book of Order has to say on worship in the next few days, so we'll see what thougts I might have on that. If I have any good ones they may turn up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment